Owen Pallett → Heartland → “What Do You Think Will Happen Now?”
The difficulties of my story: Despite discomforts, despite myself, I I reaffirm my endless devotion To the belief that we’re all of value, We’re all of virtue, and so inclined we Fill up our cups and toast to each other, And though I listen to the arguments That most divergent systems employ to Debilitate us, delineate us, Repackage our words, demystify us, I unceasingly affirm my love can Cannot be measured, cannot be altered. I know, I know it, I do affirm it With overzealous obscurantism. With every word and with every gesture, I must express it. I can’t define it, But all the same I know I can describe it:
I walk o’er bridges and see the river.
A marble statue the sun has weather’d.
I must get up
The stubbornness of the overgrowth and
To see the world
The old memorials covered in snow. We’ve
Written the way the universe will go.
A righteous white horse, a man with a bow.
what I forgot
A sharpened bit of the mistletoe.
In seeing ourselves
Scissors of fate or the fire of Surtr.
Though we’re divided, the force of nature
Will put us all in the ground together
The sun is up. My arms are wide. I am a good man, I am yours.
- Owen Pallett
- prepared piano
- Feb 18, 2011 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Feb 22, 2011 @ Paris, France
- Mar 4, 2011 @ Vancouver, BC
- May 8, 2011 @ London, England (with Britten Sinfonia)
- Nov 8, 2011 @ Amsterdam, Netherlands (with North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra)
- Nov 9, 2011 @ Tilburg, Netherlands (with North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra)
- Nov 10, 2011 @ Groningen, Netherlands (with North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra)
- Nov 11, 2011 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands (with North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra)